Stem CentRx ™ is focused on scientific discovery and development of successful cancer drugs. We are funded by scientists and entrepreneurs with a long-term perspective on our business. Our culture is an apolitical meritocracy where performance and teamwork are rewarded. Stem CentRx has assembled a talented and motivated team, and is looking to recruit additional employees with world-class expertise in their practice, versatility to contribute broadly across the company, high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will possess the ability to work efficiently and diligently in a fast-paced environment, while proactively managing the requests and needs of the CEO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and team oriented. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Duties and Requirements
1. Manage and prioritize day-to-day operations and scheduling for CEO.
2. Support CEO as key liaison for coordination of communications with employees, interview candidates, investors, partners and collaborators.
3. Assist in preparation of internal and external presentations.
4. Keep CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
5. Build relationships crucial to the success of the company, and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO.
6. Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving and making adjustments to plans.
7. Promote the corporate image by professionally representing the CEO and the company internally and externally.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Two to five years or more of related job experience preferred.
3. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel for presentation preparation.
4. Proactive and resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
5. Clear, confident and succinct oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
7. Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
8. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
9. Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
10. Brings energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the job.
Antibody Discovery - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in a variety of activities to discover, design and construct humanized and fully human antibodies. The ideal candidate should be experienced and skillful with rich knowledge in a wide range of molecular biology methods, including molecular cloning, library construction, and/or PCR primer design for complex reactions.
1. B.S/M.S in Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related field is required, with at least 2 years of biotech industry experience.
2. Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (RT-PCR, PCR, Nucleic acid extraction, Gel Electrophoresis).
3. Knowledge and experience with the analysis of antibody sequences is highly preferred.
4. Experience with the library construction, hybridoma sequencing, or next-gen sequencing of antibodies is a plus.
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, environment
6. Ideal candidates must be motivated, organized, and disciplined with record keeping
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
Antibody Discovery - Associate Scientist / Scientist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in all activities related to discovering antibodies to novel targets from phage display libraries. The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience across a broad spectrum of work involved, including library construction, phage-based selection, affinity maturation, and high throughput screening.
This scientist will design phage-based selection strategies for complex targets, in addition to devising and executing high-throughput automated screening approaches to identify therapeutic candidates for in-depth evaluation. The successful candidate should have the ability to integrate the requirements dictated by the biology of targets in the generation of antibody therapeutics and have considerable experience in troubleshooting issues arising during any phase of a project
1. Our ideal candidate should have a MS or BS in Chemical or Biological engineering, Immunology, Molecular Biology or a related field, with 4-6 years of experience, or a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
2. Must have hands-on in-depth experience in using display technologies, such as phage, yeast, ribosome, etc. Experience with antibody discovery for membrane targets is a plus but not required.
3. Experience with purification of antibodies or antibody fragments is highly preferred.
4. Experience with high throughput screening assay development utilizing Tecan, Beckman, or Hamilton robotics is a plus.
5. Experience with construction of phage display libraries, including immune libraries, is a plus.
6. Candidates should be detail-oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and able to multitask across several scientific areas. The candidate should be able to work as part of a team, while at the same time have the proven ability to independently plan and direct projects to completion within required timelines.
Antibody Discovery - Research Associate / Associate Scientist
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking for highly motivated candidates who will help to develop new protein expression capabilities and support protein purification in the Antibody Discovery group at Stem CentRx.
The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience in multiple protein expression platforms, especially mammalian cell culture, and proven capabilities in optimizing protein expression to maximize yield and quality. Additional experience in protein purification and structure based construct design will be looked upon favorably.
The candidate is expected to work closely with scientists in antibody discovery to optimize protein expression capabilities through creative implementation of established methodologies and development of novel cell based technologies. In addition, this role will provide research support through regular implementation of a screening platform for protein expression and purification suitable for a fast paced environment.
The scientist must be able to proactively communicate with cross-functional teams to obtain support for protein expression and purification across all of early research, and will be expected to stay on top of current trends so as to implement new processes and efficiencies, if beneficial.
1. MS or BS with 1-3 years of experience in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field. Biotech experience in protein expression is strongly preferred.
2. Hands-on in-depth experience in mammalian cell culture for protein expression and understanding of basic biochemistry, molecular biology, protein purification, and protein structure.
3. Knowledge of molecular biology/construct design and assembly is necessary to communicate efficiently with the molecular biology group.
4. Detail-oriented work method, excellent organizational and communication skills, and ability to multitask across several scientific areas.
5. Ability to work as part of a team, along with proven ability to independently plan and direct projects to completion within required timelines.
ADC Technology - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in both early and late stage synthetic chemistry efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel linker/payload technologies for preclinical evaluation and clinical use. In this role, he/she will synthesize, purify and characterize biologically-active organic small molecules and natural products and execute the synthesis of novel linkers and payloads for bioconjugation.
The successful candidate must be able to excel in the execution of techniques common to synthetic organic chemistry, and be comfortable with reactions at all scales of synthesis. Experience with purification method development (both normal and reverse phase) for complex mixtures is a plus. Experience with natural product and complex heterocycle syntheses is essential, as is a strong desire to work in a dynamic Team environment and aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission.
1. BS or MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
2. Experience in the synthesis of natural products and complex heterocycles.
3. Ability to execute common spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, IR).
4. Experience in the synthesis of peptides and peptidomimetics is a plus.
5. Experience in cGMP manufacturing is a plus.
6. Organized and disciplined record keeping.
7. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Process Sciences - Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II (Analytical Development)
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our analytical development group. The primary responsibility of this role is to utilize mass spectrometry-based analytical methods for novel ADC molecules. Additional responsibilities related to Analytical Development of LC-UV and CE-based methods are also expected.
The successful candidate will provide analytical support for RPLC-UV-MS characterization of large molecules using peptide mapping and intact mass analysis methods. The candidate will also be responsible for providing support to organic chemistry group for purity determination, structural elucidation of novel linker drugs and its impurities using LC-UV-MS/MS analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for updating LC-UV and CE assay test procedures when necessary.
The candidate must be highly experienced in troubleshooting LC-MS/MS and LC-UV instrumentation issues and performing routine maintenance. Experience with analysis of proteins and small molecules is required. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other scientists is also a prerequisite.The opportunity will provide exposure to the candidate on various facets of process development for novel molecules and technologies.
1. Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry or a related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doc and/or industry experience
2. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) performing mass spectrometry based analysis of small and large molecules including non-covalent complexes (preferred). Structural elucidation of molecules using LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software, preferred.
3. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) operating, maintaining and troubleshooting various LC-MS/MS systems and LC-UV systems, including working with ABSciex LC-MS/MS systems.
4. Experience with various MS and chromatography data acquisition and analysis software.
5. Mandatory professional skills include organized and disciplined record keeping, emphasis on attention to detail, excellent communication and technical writing skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet frequently tight deadlines.
6. This position will require support of other Analytical Development functions such as LC-UV development, as well as development of other CE-based assays as required.
Bioinformatics / IT - Software Developer / Sr. Software Developer
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the software development team by building custom full stack web applications for use by Stem CentRx scientists helping them with scientific data and workflow management. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other team members, is also prerequisite.
1. A computer science or related bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of practical industry experience
2. Technical experience in one or more of Ruby, RoR, Java, Grails
4. Experience with a code management system, preferably Git
5. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment in Agile like development cycles
6. Motivated to build great software in a biotech environment to help cure cancer
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
8. Strong track record of achievement and advancement desired
Bioinformatics / IT - Bioinformatics Programmer
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the team by participating in the database design, refinement or improvement of existing bioinformatics tools, designing and building of new bioinformatics tools, and pipeline coding. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other team members, is also prerequisite.
1. B.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology or related degree and
2. 2+ years of biotech industry experience
3. Technical experience using/scripting in R/Bioconductor, Perl, Python
4. Technical experience interfacing with and writing queries via available APIs against publically available resources such as TCGA, NCBI, EMBL, COSMIC, UCSC genome browser, etc.
5. Experience with SQL, MySQL, Oracle or other relational database systems
6. Familiarity with command-line UNIX/Linux
7. Experience writing multi-threaded code to take advantage of parallelization
8. Understanding of publically available NGS aligners and assemblers
9. Understanding of proteomics and or mass spec based data a plus
10. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
11. Great personality and excellent communication skills
12. Strong track record of achievement and advancement desired
In Vivo Biology - Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will help perform in vivo experiments. Duties include, but are not limited to, constructing tumor xenograft models, weekly tumor measurements, administering therapeutic agents through various routes, organizing data, and analyzing results. The successful candidate will be expected to efficiently monitor effects of therapeutic agents on tumor growth, metastasis, survival, and overall animal health. The position may also involve assisting with other tasks in the vivarium and/or participate in other exciting areas of research when time permits.
1. Minimum 2-5 years of directly related experience. AALAS certification is preferred but not required
2. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
3. Organized and disciplined about record keeping, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
4. Able to perform occasional physical labor involving lifting weight up to 50 pounds
5. Willing to split weekend and holiday hours with peers on a rotational basis
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong organizational skills, motivated to excel, attentive to detail, and can be efficient working alone or in a group environment
Legal - Paralegal
We are a South San Francisco-based biotech company that is seeking a paralegal who will support the legal department and other corporate functions of the company. The ideal candidate will have experience with patent prosecution and contracts and will either have experience or have an interest in learning to review, revise and negotiate confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements and clinical trial agreements. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and a strong team player.
1. Patents: Electronically file incoming emails from outside legal counsel, obtain signatures for assignments, declarations, powers of attorney and other documents as required, electronically file assignments, mail original documents, maintain patent docket.
2. Contracts: maintain contract calendar, electronically file and calendar contracts, help implement and manage systems that enable the efficient creation, negotiation, oversight, tracking and filing of the company's agreements, prepare execution copies and facilitate signature of contracts, review basic confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
3. General administration: scan documents and obtain signatures, general organization for executives.
1. A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years experience as a paralegal.
2. High attention to detail and extremely organized
3. Independent problem resolution skills, and excellent communication skills both written and oral.
4. Accurate data entry skills
5. Strong proofreading and reading comprehension skills
Molecular Pathology - Scientist
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking to hire a highly motivated candidate to join our molecular pathology group.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with slide-based assays on FFPE tissues such as immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, and dual labeling of both assay formats in chromagen and fluorescence detection. The successful candidate will utilize image analysis for quantification of target expression and should have strong knowledge of slide-based assay development for companion diagnostics development. Advanced knowledge of human solid tumors, normal human primate tissue and xenograft tumor model histology is a must. Ability to independently design and execute complex experiments, analyze and present data is also a must.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 8 years industry experience, or a Ph. D with a minimum of 4 years experience
2. The candidate must be able to proactively communicate across functional teams and stay abreast of current trends in pathology so as to evaluate and implement new processes and efficiencies
Assay Development - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful applicant will be involved in designing, executing and analyzing experiments to evaluate the behavior of novel drug candidates in vivo in a regulated setting. The position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail at the bench and the desk.
1. Development and validation of ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity analysis
2. Development of standard operating procedures
3. Testing in a regulated environment
4. Assist in maintaining testing lab in a compliant state
5. Perform other related duties as required
1. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or,
2. Masters degree in a scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated experience developing and performing ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity
4. Prior GLP or GMP testing experience desirable
5. Knowledge of tumor biology and/ or stem cell biology desirable
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
8. Ability to analyze data and document results
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
10. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
11. Strong mathematical skills
12. Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
13. Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented
14. Team oriented
Experience with any of the following techniques is a plus:
2. Multicolor flow cytometry
3. Western blotting
4. Study sample management
Molecular Biology - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will support Molecular Biology efforts. In this role he/she will: a) oversee molecular fingerprinting of our patient derived xenograft bank to ensure sample identity is maintained, b) develop and implement molecular biology techniques to aid in the identification and validation of new targets for therapeutic development and biomarkers of diagnostic value; and c) analyze data and communicate results in both oral and written form. Must have a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment and aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission.
1. BS/BA-level with 5+ years of experience, or MS-level with 2+ years of experience, with preference given to industry experience
2. Standard molecular biology skills including nucleic acid isolation, cloning strategies, qRT-PCR and SNP genotyping
3. Expertise in isolating and working with RNA in PCR and RT-PCR based techniques including primer design, 5’ and 3’-RACE, cDNA synthesis and cloning of PCR products
4. Experience constructing next generation sequencing libraries is preferred
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
6. Motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
7. Excellent communication skills
Research Pharmacology - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in evaluating novel anti-cancer therapies for efficacy, toxicology, and pharmacokinetics analyses in vivo. This role involves, but is not limited to, inventory maintenance, preparation, and administration of compounds for in vivo efficacy, toxicology, and pharmacokinetics studies. The successful candidate will process blood/serum samples for hematology and bioanalysis measuring serum drug concentrations, and analyze data generated of PK/TK study interpretations. The ability to work independently and efficiently across multiple responsibilities, and effectively participate and communicate as part of team, is a prerequisite.
1. BS/MS in Molecular & Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline, with 2+ years of relevant research experience
2. Hands-on experience in with ELISA and other Bioassays
3. Experience and comfortable in rodent handling is desirable, but can be trained
4. Familiar with blood processing and analysis techniques
5. Organized, detailed and disciplined record keeping is required
6. Flexibility and motivation to learn techniques and accomplish goals outside those stated above
7. Ability to carry multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
8. Entrepreneurial personality, with problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and excellent communication skills
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Specialist II / III
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will be part of a small GMP Manufacturing team working to execute GMP production runs to supply the company’s clinical pipeline. Other responsibilities include meeting with vendors to negotiate and procure equipment, participating in Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, leading and supporting IQ/OQ activities for facility and process equipment, creating SOPs and Batch records, establishing operational policies and procedures, and many other activities to ensure a successful production campaign.
1. Perform GMP operations in Seed Lab, Cell Culture, Purification, Conjugation, Formulation, and Filling
2. Support clinical depot function including packaging and shipping of clinical vials
3. Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Process Sciences
4. Transfer process from lab-scale to GMP-scale in support of Tox and early stage clinical studies
1. Inventory management
2. Media and buffer preparation
3. Equipment setup and maintenance
4. Automated skid recipe generation and data management
5. Gain understanding of Cell Culture and Purification theories and principles
6. Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
7. Train new technicians
1. BS in Life Sciences with a minimum 5 years relevant job experience
2. Experience in GMP operations and working with large-scale manufacturing equipment preferred
3. High degree of self-motivation is required
4. Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines is required
5. Familiarity with lab techniques and procedures
6. Ability to work as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision
7. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
8. Strong commitment to working safely
9. Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
10. Mechanical aptitude, computer systems, and protein purification skills preferred
11. Ability to lift 30 lbs is required
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Writer / GMP Documentation Specialist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will assume a number of responsibilities related to management of GMP documentation for production of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs). This position requires close collaboration with Process Sciences, Quality Control (QC), and Quality Assurance (QA) groups.
1. Creation and revision of GMP documentation including Production Batch Records, Standard Operating Procedures, Materials Specifications and Equipment Qualification protocols/reports.
2. Coordination of timelines, document revisions and review cycles for all GMP documents including delegation to the appropriate groups for review to ensure timely campaign start dates and to facilitate overlapping campaigns.
3. Driving the continual improvement of GMP Batch Records and SOPs from campaign to campaign by soliciting and incorporating feedback from GMP, Process Sciences and Quality groups.
4. Review of completed batch records and other GMP documents in collaboration with Quality Assurance as needed to ensure accuracy and completion in accordance with cGMP regulations.
5. Development and coordination of training sessions for new and existing SOPs and Batch Records in collaboration with Process Sciences and Quality groups.
1. BS in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 10+ years of experience in a GMP environment or 5 years of relevant GMP documentation experience.
2. Proficiency in standard word processing software and project management software is required.
3. Mandatory professional skills including knowledge of cGMPs for biopharmaceuticals, organized and disciplined record keeping, excellent communication skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet tight deadlines.
4. Knowledge of biopharmaceutical unit operations for production of monoclonal antibodies is preferred.
Quality Control - Research Associate I / II
As part of a talented, dynamic and fast-paced team, the successful applicant will support various aspects of QC testing and method qualification in a cGMP setting for antibody and antibody drug conjugates. This is a multi-faceted opportunity that will involve using ELISA, cell-based, HPLC and other analytical methods for lot release and stability testing. This position requires fervor to deliver on time, excellent laboratory skills and great attention to detail at the bench and with documentation. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and own projects and processes in areas of stability testing, environmental monitoring, analytical techniques, method qualification and raw materials release for GMP operations.
1. Implement ELISA and cell-based method qualification protocols and generate associated reports.
2. Support analytical method (HPLC, GC, CE, iCIEF, etc.) qualification, lot release and stability testing.
3. Participate with other team members in raw materials release and sample management activities.
4. Assist in maintaining lab and systems in a cGMP compliant state.
1. Demonstrated expertise in ELISA, cell-based, HPLC or other analytical techniques.
2. At least 1 year of experience working in a cGMP compliant QC environment.
3. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
4. Ability to multi-task, effectively manage timelines, great attention to detail and team-oriented personality are a must.
Clinical - Sr. Clinical Trial Assistant
As part of a talented, dynamic and fast-paced team, the successful applicant will function as in-house support staff for clinical trials. Responsibilities include maintaining Clinical Trial Master File (CTMF) and Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS). Assist as required with the, implementation, and completion of clinical trials, production of training materials, presentations, submissions, and study conduct materials. Contact clinical trial sites via phone, fax, and email as required.
1. Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation for a given clinical trial/s study or studies including but not limited to: training materials, operations/regulatory/pharmacy/other binders, monitoring plans, presentations, reports, and journal articles. Create study materials, essential documents, presentations, reports, submissions, articles, and other materials based on existing under supervision of CTM
2. Establish and maintain the CTMF. Under the supervision of the CRA, review the CTMF for compliance for a given trial/s.
3. Establish and maintain the CTMS and other tracking tools for a given trial/s. Produces reports from tracking systems as required.
4. Prepare meeting agendas, minutes, and tracks action items from various meetings as assigned.
5. Responsible for accurate distribution of all clinical trial related materials to clinical trial sites or clinical team/CRA members.
6. Increasingly independent assistance with data cleaning activities such as CRF review, listings production and review, and query generation.
7. Assist CRA in preparation for clinical trial site monitoring visits.
8. Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with CFR, GCP/ICH and is expected to expand CFR, GCP/ICH knowledge.
9. Create study materials, essential documents, presentations, reports, submissions, articles, and other materials based on existing templates.
10. Under the supervision of the Protocol Lead may review Informed Consent documents and/or regulatory documents for compliance using approved SOPs, checklists and templates.
11. Increasing responsibility for assisting with the conduct of clinical team meetings, including agenda preparation, minutes, and action item tracking.
12. Routinely contact clinical trial site staff to obtain information and document appropriately.
13. Interface with Clinical Research Organizations and study vendors to ensure successful clinical trial conduct as required.
14. Increase basic knowledge of scientific, medical and therapeutic information.
15. May assist in the preparation and follow-up of in-house and on-site company sponsored quality audits, as well as, regulatory authority inspections.
16. Adhere to Clinical Operations or project specific quality documents (e.g. SOPs, work practices, training guides), as applicable.
1. Should possess an Associate Degree or Higher.
2. Industry experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or other related industry is required
3. Strong attention to detail is a must
4. Excellent communication skills both oral and written and interpersonal skills are required
5. Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude who can work independently, but also within a team-environment
6. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
7. Must have the ability to multi-task and effectively solve problems
8. Experience working with clinical sites and Trial Master Files required
9. Some travel (<5%) may be required
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, Stem CentRx is seeking a Recruiting Manager to partner with team leaders to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the company to deliver world class talent.
1. Establish strong relationships with functional area leaders to identify recruiting needs and develop job descriptions.
2. Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements and conduct prescreening interviews.
3. Lead the creation of an interviewing plan for each open position and successfully fill positions.
4. Lead best practice process related to pre and post-hire assessments.
5. Build and maintain a pipeline of active and passive candidates in the company talent database, anticipating future hiring demands and updating accordingly.
6. Network through industry contacts, associations and conferences to aggressively pursue top candidates.
7. Research and recommend new sources for candidate recruiting.
8. Assist in establishing job descriptions and career ladders across the company.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business discipline.
2. 5+ years of recruiting experience with a strong background in life sciences/drug development/technical recruiting.
3. High degree of personal initiative and achievement, motivation, setting personal standards of excellence and ongoing performance improvement.
4. Excellent communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships.
5. Solid customer relations skills and ability to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
6. Excellent time management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
7. Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to (i) mitigate risk, (ii) enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and (iii) ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives 2. Implement a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with best practices 3. Oversee the implementation of new financial information system(s) 4. Oversee the proper and timely processing of transactions (procurement, cash disbursements/accounts payable, revenue recognition, cash collections/accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll, stock administration), and implement and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions 5. Maintain the chart of accounts and implement and maintain an orderly accounting filing system 6. Issue timely and complete financial statements 7. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (including recommending benchmarks for comparison), and manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, along with monthly reports on variances from budget and explanations therefore 8. Provide financial analysis as needed 9. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit 10. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings 11. Supervise finance liaison to clinical operations 12. Research accounting literature and apply technical standards to complex business issues and transactions, including the areas of revenue recognition, cost of revenue, clinical and R&D accruals, stock compensation, and tax 13. Along with CFO, identify need for, and make, additional hires in accounting organization as necessary to support growth of the company 14. Along with CFO, implement best practices for cash management 15. Implement accounting controls and procedures for subsidiaries and international operations, as applicable
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Must be highly motivated, a strong team player and able to thrive in the environment of an emerging growth company.
CV / Resume
Please include the group name in the subject line of the email so that your resume is forwarded properly to the hiring manager.
Current Open Positions:
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Senior Clinical Trial Assistant
Executive Assistant to the CEO
In Vivo Biology
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II
Research Associate I/II
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate