Stemcentrx ™ is focused on scientific discovery and development of successful cancer drugs. We are funded by scientists and entrepreneurs with a long-term perspective on our business. Our culture is an apolitical meritocracy where performance and teamwork are rewarded. Stemcentrx has assembled a talented and motivated team, and is looking to recruit additional employees with world-class expertise in their practice, versatility to contribute broadly across the company, high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to cancer drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated project manager who will work with functional area teams, project team leaders and senior management to direct projects to successful and timely decision points. The project manager will be responsible for overseeing teams through drug discovery and development processes while prioritizing activities across multiple projects.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, highly organized, has excellent interpersonal skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This opportunity will provide exposure to various facets of antibody drug development from early stage research through IND filing.
1. Support the development and execution of project plans, including timing and deliverables, to achieve the project goals and ensure adherence to timeline.
2. Develop and maintain timelines to track milestones and other program activities
3. Provide progress reports and updates on project status as required.
4. Identify and anticipate issues that threaten to delay timelines. Bring these issues to the attention of key stakeholders.
5. Provide support in resolving issues, contingency planning, and risk mitigation.
6. Support PTLs in organization of project team meetings by contributing agendas and recording minutes and action items.
7. Prioritize program activities across multiple projects within the company’s pipeline.
8. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
9. Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for streamlining team processes.
1. B.S. or B.A. in Life Sciences with 3+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
2. Multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech industry or direct experience with project management in drug development is preferred.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
4. Experience in or ability to learn project management practices, tools, and methodology in drug development.
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a multicultural environment.
6. High attention to detail and extremely organized.
7. Good analytical and planning skills with the ability to translate vision into action.
8. Strong communication skills both written and oral.
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
10. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Antibody Discovery - Associate Scientist / Scientist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in all activities related to discovering antibodies to novel targets from phage display libraries. The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience across a broad spectrum of work involved, including library construction, phage-based selection, affinity maturation, and high throughput screening.
This scientist will design phage-based selection strategies for complex targets, in addition to devising and executing high-throughput automated screening approaches to identify therapeutic candidates for in-depth evaluation. The successful candidate should have the ability to integrate the requirements dictated by the biology of targets in the generation of antibody therapeutics and have considerable experience in troubleshooting issues arising during any phase of a project
1. Our ideal candidate should have a MS or BS in Chemical or Biological engineering, Immunology, Molecular Biology or a related field, with 4-6 years of experience, or a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
2. Must have hands-on in-depth experience in using display technologies, such as phage, yeast, ribosome, etc. Experience with antibody discovery for membrane targets is a plus but not required.
3. Experience with purification of antibodies or antibody fragments is highly preferred.
4. Experience with high throughput screening assay development utilizing Tecan, Beckman, or Hamilton robotics is a plus.
5. Experience with construction of phage display libraries, including immune libraries, is a plus.
6. Candidates should be detail-oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and able to multitask across several scientific areas. The candidate should be able to work as part of a team, while at the same time have the proven ability to independently plan and direct projects to completion within required timelines.
Cancer Biology - Research Associate
Stemcentrx is looking to hire a Research Associate with experience in tissue processing, cell based assays, and stem cell biology. The candidate must have a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment, aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission, and be a catalyst to enable the development and approval of oncology drugs that significantly improve patient survival. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to facilitate the discovery and validation of cancer stem cell-associated drug targets and participate in the development of preclinical in vivo models. In this role, the candidate will support the Cancer Biology group by taking over common tasks including the processing of human and animal tissue for isolation of cells and for cell based assays.
1. BS and/or biology, genetics, or a related field
2. 2+ years of relevant academic and industry experience or MS in scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture
4. Experience with antibody or cells based assays and flow cytometry in particular are highly desired
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
6. Highly motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
7. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential
Process Sciences - Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II (Analytical Development)
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our analytical development group. The primary responsibility of this role is to utilize mass spectrometry-based analytical methods for novel ADC molecules. Additional responsibilities related to Analytical Development of LC-UV and CE-based methods are also expected.
The successful candidate will provide analytical support for RPLC-UV-MS characterization of large molecules using peptide mapping and intact mass analysis methods. The candidate will also be responsible for providing support to organic chemistry group for purity determination, structural elucidation of novel linker drugs and its impurities using LC-UV-MS/MS analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for updating LC-UV and CE assay test procedures when necessary.
The candidate must be highly experienced in troubleshooting LC-MS/MS and LC-UV instrumentation issues and performing routine maintenance. Experience with analysis of proteins and small molecules is required. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other scientists is also a prerequisite.The opportunity will provide exposure to the candidate on various facets of process development for novel molecules and technologies.
1. Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry or a related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doc and/or industry experience
2. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) performing mass spectrometry based analysis of small and large molecules including non-covalent complexes (preferred). Structural elucidation of molecules using LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software, preferred.
3. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) operating, maintaining and troubleshooting various LC-MS/MS systems and LC-UV systems, including working with ABSciex LC-MS/MS systems.
4. Experience with various MS and chromatography data acquisition and analysis software.
5. Mandatory professional skills include organized and disciplined record keeping, emphasis on attention to detail, excellent communication and technical writing skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet frequently tight deadlines.
6. This position will require support of other Analytical Development functions such as LC-UV development, as well as development of other CE-based assays as required.
Bioinformatics / IT - Software Developer / Sr. Software Developer
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the software development team by building custom full stack web applications for use by Stemcentrx scientists helping them with scientific data and workflow management. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other team members, is also prerequisite.
1. A computer science or related bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of practical industry experience
2. Technical experience in one or more of Ruby, RoR, Java, Grails
4. Experience with a code management system, preferably Git
5. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment in Agile like development cycles
6. Motivated to build great software in a biotech environment to help cure cancer
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
8. Strong track record of achievement and advancement desired
In Vivo Biology - Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will help perform in vivo experiments. Duties include, but are not limited to, constructing tumor xenograft models, weekly tumor measurements, administering therapeutic agents through various routes, organizing data, and analyzing results. The successful candidate will be expected to efficiently monitor effects of therapeutic agents on tumor growth, metastasis, survival, and overall animal health. The position may also involve assisting with other tasks in the vivarium and/or participate in other exciting areas of research when time permits.
1. Minimum 2-5 years of directly related experience. AALAS certification is preferred but not required
2. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
3. Organized and disciplined about record keeping, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
4. Able to perform occasional physical labor involving lifting weight up to 50 pounds
5. Willing to split weekend and holiday hours with peers on a rotational basis
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong organizational skills, motivated to excel, attentive to detail, and can be efficient working alone or in a group environment
Molecular Pathology - Scientist
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking to hire a highly motivated candidate to join our molecular pathology group.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with slide-based assays on FFPE tissues such as immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, and dual labeling of both assay formats in chromagen and fluorescence detection. The successful candidate will utilize image analysis for quantification of target expression and should have strong knowledge of slide-based assay development for companion diagnostics development. Advanced knowledge of human solid tumors, normal human primate tissue and xenograft tumor model histology is a must. Ability to independently design and execute complex experiments, analyze and present data is also a must.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 8 years industry experience, or a Ph. D with a minimum of 4 years experience
2. The candidate must be able to proactively communicate across functional teams and stay abreast of current trends in pathology so as to evaluate and implement new processes and efficiencies
Assay Development - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful applicant will be involved in designing, executing and analyzing experiments to evaluate the behavior of novel drug candidates in vivo in a regulated setting. The position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail at the bench and the desk.
1. Validation of ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity analysis
2. Development of standard operating procedures
3. Testing in support of non-clinical and clinical PK and immunogenicity analysis
4. Assist in maintaining testing lab in a compliant state
5. Receipt, tracking, and reconciliation of samples
6. Perform other related duties as required
1. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or,
2. Masters degree in a scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated experience developing and performing ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity
4. Prior GLP or GMP experience desirable
5. Experience working with LIMS systems
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
8. Ability to analyze data and document results
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
10. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
11. Strong mathematical skills
12. Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
13. Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented
14. Team oriented
Experience with any of the following techniques is a plus:
1. Study sample management
2. Instrument qualification
Research Pharmacology - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in evaluating novel anti-cancer therapies for efficacy, toxicology, and pharmacokinetics analyses in vivo. This role involves, but is not limited to, inventory maintenance, preparation, and administration of compounds for in vivo efficacy, toxicology, and pharmacokinetics studies. The successful candidate will process blood/serum samples for hematology and bioanalysis measuring serum drug concentrations, and analyze data generated of PK/TK study interpretations. The ability to work independently and efficiently across multiple responsibilities, and effectively participate and communicate as part of team, is a prerequisite.
1. BS/MS in Molecular & Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline, with 2+ years of relevant research experience
2. Hands-on experience in with ELISA and other Bioassays
3. Experience and comfortable in rodent handling is desirable, but can be trained
4. Familiar with blood processing and analysis techniques
5. Organized, detailed and disciplined record keeping is required
6. Flexibility and motivation to learn techniques and accomplish goals outside those stated above
7. Ability to carry multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
8. Entrepreneurial personality, with problem solving and critical thinking abilities, and excellent communication skills
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Specialist II / III
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will be part of a small GMP Manufacturing team working to execute GMP production runs to supply the company’s clinical pipeline. Other responsibilities include meeting with vendors to negotiate and procure equipment, participating in Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, leading and supporting IQ/OQ activities for facility and process equipment, creating SOPs and Batch records, establishing operational policies and procedures, and many other activities to ensure a successful production campaign.
1. Perform GMP operations in Seed Lab, Cell Culture, Purification, Conjugation, Formulation, and Filling
2. Support clinical depot function including packaging and shipping of clinical vials
3. Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Process Sciences
4. Transfer process from lab-scale to GMP-scale in support of Tox and early stage clinical studies
1. Inventory management
2. Media and buffer preparation
3. Equipment setup and maintenance
4. Automated skid recipe generation and data management
5. Gain understanding of Cell Culture and Purification theories and principles
6. Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
7. Train new technicians
1. BS in Life Sciences with a minimum 5 years relevant job experience
2. Experience in GMP operations and working with large-scale manufacturing equipment preferred
3. High degree of self-motivation is required
4. Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines is required
5. Familiarity with lab techniques and procedures
6. Ability to work as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision
7. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
8. Strong commitment to working safely
9. Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
10. Mechanical aptitude, computer systems, and protein purification skills preferred
11. Ability to lift 30 lbs is required
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Writer / GMP Documentation Specialist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will assume a number of responsibilities related to management of GMP documentation for production of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs). This position requires close collaboration with Process Sciences, Quality Control (QC), and Quality Assurance (QA) groups.
1. Creation and revision of GMP documentation including Production Batch Records, Standard Operating Procedures, Materials Specifications and Equipment Qualification protocols/reports.
2. Coordination of timelines, document revisions and review cycles for all GMP documents including delegation to the appropriate groups for review to ensure timely campaign start dates and to facilitate overlapping campaigns.
3. Driving the continual improvement of GMP Batch Records and SOPs from campaign to campaign by soliciting and incorporating feedback from GMP, Process Sciences and Quality groups.
4. Review of completed batch records and other GMP documents in collaboration with Quality Assurance as needed to ensure accuracy and completion in accordance with cGMP regulations.
5. Development and coordination of training sessions for new and existing SOPs and Batch Records in collaboration with Process Sciences and Quality groups.
1. BS in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 10+ years of experience in a GMP environment or 5 years of relevant GMP documentation experience.
2. Proficiency in standard word processing software and project management software is required.
3. Mandatory professional skills including knowledge of cGMPs for biopharmaceuticals, organized and disciplined record keeping, excellent communication skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet tight deadlines.
4. Knowledge of biopharmaceutical unit operations for production of monoclonal antibodies is preferred.
Quality - Team Leader
A hands-on position responsible for performing a wide variety of quality activities with emphasis managing a phase-appropriate quality system and QA operations in support of internal GXP activities and at contract service providers. Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance at Stemcentrx. Provide leadership for establishing and enhancing, in a phase-appropriate manner, the quality and compliance culture at Stemcentrx.
1. Manage the quality system to ensure quality and compliance requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner, and in support of corporate objectives
2. Ensure that required Standard Operating Procedures are implemented to support a phase-appropriate approach to the GXP activities
3. Implement a risk-based approached to support the GMP operations (risk management)
4. Provide Quality review of batch records, analytical data, certificates of analysis, and other documents as needed for consistency with applicable regulations and for compliance with company’s GMP Quality System
5. Assess deviations, OOS investigations, and manage timely investigations and CAPAs
6. Provide Quality oversight of the change control processes
7. Provide Quality support to the GMP manufacturing operations and facility
8. Monitor and analyze quality trends, identify continual improvement opportunities and conduct training as needed
9. Report to management quality issues and trends
10. Lead GXP audits of internal functions or external contract providers including vendor qualification
11. Develop a GMP training curriculum based on the SOPs and GMP regulations that compose the company GMP Quality System. Training includes initiation of new employees, training necessary for any expansion of current operations, and training necessary for on-going improvements in company’s GMP Quality System
12. Represent quality in project teams
13. Establish collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to ensure all quality and compliance matters are addressed in an open and timely manner
Quality Control - Research Associate I / II
As part of a talented, dynamic and fast-paced team, the successful applicant will support various aspects of QC testing and method qualification in a cGMP setting for antibody and antibody drug conjugates. This is a multi-faceted opportunity that will involve using ELISA, cell-based, HPLC and other analytical methods for lot release and stability testing. This position requires fervor to deliver on time, excellent laboratory skills and great attention to detail at the bench and with documentation. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and own projects and processes in areas of stability testing, environmental monitoring, analytical techniques, method qualification and raw materials release for GMP operations.
1. Implement ELISA and cell-based method qualification protocols and generate associated reports.
2. Support analytical method (HPLC, GC, CE, iCIEF, etc.) qualification, lot release and stability testing.
3. Participate with other team members in raw materials release and sample management activities.
4. Assist in maintaining lab and systems in a cGMP compliant state.
1. Demonstrated expertise in ELISA, cell-based, HPLC or other analytical techniques.
2. At least 1 year of experience working in a cGMP compliant QC environment.
3. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
4. Ability to multi-task, effectively manage timelines, great attention to detail and team-oriented personality are a must.
Clinical Pharmacology - Sr. Pharmacokineticist / Principal Pharmacokineticist
We are seeking a world-class pharmacokineticist to be a part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team that will advance novel therapies and approaches to eradicate cancer. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and an excellent understanding of the scientific drivers and designs of nonclinical pharmacokinetic and ADME studies.
Advance and leverage the PK/ADME and PK/PD science of antibody-based therapeutics through in vitro, in vivo, and in silico methods:
1. Develop novel platforms to interrogate the mechanism of action for therapeutic candidates
2. Contribute to the development/application of novel bioanalytical tools
3. Generate and/or integrate data across multiple studies to generate and test novel hypotheses
4. Conduct/outsource PK and ADME studies
5. Summarize key findings in reports and presentations
Advance the therapeutic pipeline:
1. Lead/design internal studies to define the potential clinical profile of a drug
2. Monitor outsourced studies
3. Contribute to the development of regulated documents, such as INDs and BLAs
4. Contribute to the efforts for target validation and lead drug identification
1. An advanced degree (PhD, MD, or PharmD) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, pharmacy, life sciences, engineering, or other related fields
2. 2+ years of relevant experience
3. Proficiency with WinNonlin and NONMEM, R, or other modeling software
4. Strong PK/ADME and PK/PD background
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
Clinical Pharmacology - Sr. Toxicologist / Prinicipal Toxicologist
We are seeking a world-class toxicologist to be a part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team that will advance novel therapies and approaches to eradicate cancer. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and an excellent understanding of the scientific drivers and designs of nonclinical safety studies.
Advance and leverage the safety assessment of antibody-based therapeutics through in vitro, in vivo, and in silico methods:
1. Develop novel platforms to interrogate the toxicity of therapeutic candidates
2. Generate and/or integrate data across multiple studies to generate and test novel hypotheses
3. Conduct/outsource pharmacology and toxicology studies
4. Summarize key findings in reports and presentations
Advance the therapeutic pipeline:
1. Lead/design internal studies to define the safety profile of a drug candidate
2. Monitor outsourced studies
3. Contribute to the development of regulated documents, such as INDs and BLAs
4. Contribute to the efforts for target validation and lead drug identification
1. An advanced degree (PhD, DVM) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, or other related fields
2. 2+ years of relevant experience
3. Strong pharmacology and toxicology background
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, Stemcentrx is seeking a Recruiting Manager to partner with team leaders to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the company to deliver world class talent.
1. Establish strong relationships with functional area leaders to identify recruiting needs and develop job descriptions.
2. Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements and conduct prescreening interviews.
3. Lead the creation of an interviewing plan for each open position and successfully fill positions.
4. Lead best practice process related to pre and post-hire assessments.
5. Build and maintain a pipeline of active and passive candidates in the company talent database, anticipating future hiring demands and updating accordingly.
6. Network through industry contacts, associations and conferences to aggressively pursue top candidates.
7. Research and recommend new sources for candidate recruiting.
8. Assist in establishing job descriptions and career ladders across the company.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business discipline.
2. 5+ years of recruiting experience with a strong background in life sciences/drug development/technical recruiting.
3. High degree of personal initiative and achievement, motivation, setting personal standards of excellence and ongoing performance improvement.
4. Excellent communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships.
5. Solid customer relations skills and ability to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
6. Excellent time management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
7. Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to (i) mitigate risk, (ii) enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and (iii) ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives 2. Implement a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with best practices 3. Oversee the implementation of new financial information system(s) 4. Oversee the proper and timely processing of transactions (procurement, cash disbursements/accounts payable, revenue recognition, cash collections/accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll, stock administration), and implement and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions 5. Maintain the chart of accounts and implement and maintain an orderly accounting filing system 6. Issue timely and complete financial statements 7. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (including recommending benchmarks for comparison), and manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, along with monthly reports on variances from budget and explanations therefore 8. Provide financial analysis as needed 9. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit 10. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings 11. Supervise finance liaison to clinical operations 12. Research accounting literature and apply technical standards to complex business issues and transactions, including the areas of revenue recognition, cost of revenue, clinical and R&D accruals, stock compensation, and tax 13. Along with CFO, identify need for, and make, additional hires in accounting organization as necessary to support growth of the company 14. Along with CFO, implement best practices for cash management 15. Implement accounting controls and procedures for subsidiaries and international operations, as applicable
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Must be highly motivated, a strong team player and able to thrive in the environment of an emerging growth company.
CV / Resume
Please include the group name in the subject line of the email so that your resume is forwarded properly to the hiring manager.
Current Open Positions:
Associate Scientist / Scientist
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Bioinformatics / IT
Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
In Vivo Biology
Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate