Stem CentRx ™ is focused on scientific discovery and development of successful cancer drugs. We are funded by scientists and entrepreneurs with a long-term perspective on our business. Our culture is an apolitical meritocracy where performance and teamwork are rewarded. Stem CentRx has assembled a talented and motivated team, and is looking to recruit additional employees with world-class expertise in their practice, versatility to contribute broadly across the company, high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Antibody Discovery - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in a variety of activities to discover, design and construct humanized and fully human antibodies. The ideal candidate should be experienced and skillful with rich knowledge in a wide range of molecular biology methods, including molecular cloning, library construction, and/or PCR primer design for complex reactions.
1. B.S/M.S in Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related field is required, with at least 2 years of biotech industry experience.
2. Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (RT-PCR, PCR, Nucleic acid extraction, Gel Electrophoresis).
3.Knowledge and experience with the analysis of antibody sequences is highly preferred.
4. Experience with the library construction, hybridoma sequencing, or next-gen sequencing of antibodies is a plus.
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, environment
6. Ideal candidates must be motivated, organized, and disciplined with record keeping
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
Antibody Discovery - Associate Scientist / Scientist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in all activities related to discovering antibodies to novel targets from phage display libraries. The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience across a broad spectrum of work involved, including library construction, phage-based selection, affinity maturation, and high throughput screening.
This scientist will design phage-based selection strategies for complex targets, in addition to devising and executing high-throughput automated screening approaches to identify therapeutic candidates for in-depth evaluation. The successful candidate should have the ability to integrate the requirements dictated by the biology of targets in the generation of antibody therapeutics and have considerable experience in troubleshooting issues arising during any phase of a project
1. Our ideal candidate should have a MS or BS in Chemical or Biological engineering, Immunology, Molecular Biology or a related field, with 4-6 years of experience, or a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
2. Must have hands-on in-depth experience in using display technologies, such as phage, yeast, ribosome, etc. Experience with antibody discovery for membrane targets is a plus but not required.
3. Experience with purification of antibodies or antibody fragments is highly preferred.
4. Experience with high throughput screening assay development utilizing Tecan, Beckman, or Hamilton robotics is a plus.
5. Experience with construction of phage display libraries, including immune libraries, is a plus.
6. Candidates should be detail-oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and able to multitask across several scientific areas. The candidate should be able to work as part of a team, while at the same time have the proven ability to independently plan and direct projects to completion within required timelines.
ADC Technology - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in both early and late stage synthetic chemistry efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel linker/payload technologies for preclinical evaluation and clinical use. In this role, he/she will synthesize, purify and characterize biologically-active organic small molecules and natural products and execute the synthesis of novel linkers and payloads for bioconjugation.
The successful candidate must be able to excel in the execution of techniques common to synthetic organic chemistry, and be comfortable with reactions at all scales of synthesis. Experience with purification method development (both normal and reverse phase) for complex mixtures is a plus. Experience with natural product and complex heterocycle syntheses is essential, as is a strong desire to work in a dynamic Team environment and aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission.
1. BS or MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
2. Experience in the synthesis of natural products and complex heterocycles.
3. Ability to execute common spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, IR).
4. Experience in the synthesis of peptides and peptidomimetics is a plus.
5. Experience in cGMP manufacturing is a plus.
6. Organized and disciplined record keeping.
7. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Analytical Development - Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II (Mass Spectrometry)
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our analytical development group. The primary responsibility of this role is to utilize mass spectrometry-based analytical methods for novel ADC molecules. Additional responsibilities related to Analytical Development of LC-UV and CE-based methods are also expected.
The successful candidate will provide analytical support for RPLC-UV-MS characterization of large molecules using peptide mapping and intact mass analysis methods. The candidate will also be responsible for providing support to organic chemistry group for purity determination, structural elucidation of novel linker drugs and its impurities using LC-UV-MS/MS analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for updating LC-UV and CE assay test procedures when necessary.
The candidate must be highly experienced in troubleshooting LC-MS/MS and LC-UV instrumentation issues and performing routine maintenance. Experience with analysis of proteins and small molecules is required. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other scientists is also a prerequisite.The opportunity will provide exposure to the candidate on various facets of process development for novel molecules and technologies.
1. Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry or a related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doc and/or industry experience
2. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) performing mass spectrometry based analysis of small and large molecules including non-covalent complexes (preferred). Structural elucidation of molecules using LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software, preferred.
3. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) operating, maintaining and troubleshooting various LC-MS/MS systems and LC-UV systems, including working with ABSciex LC-MS/MS systems.
4. Experience with various MS and chromatography data acquisition and analysis software.
5. Mandatory professional skills include organized and disciplined record keeping, emphasis on attention to detail, excellent communication and technical writing skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet frequently tight deadlines.
6. This position will require support of other Analytical Development functions such as LC-UV development, as well as development of other CE-based assays as required.
Cancer Biology - Research Associate
Stem CentRx is looking to hire a Research Associate for its Cancer Biology group. The successful candidate will become part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development. In this role, the candidate will process human and animal tissue for isolation of cells, perform cell-based assays, and participate in both the development of preclinical in vivo models and early stage target discovery/validation.
The candidate must have a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment, aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission, and be a catalyst to enable the development and approval of oncology drugs that significantly improve patient survival.
1. Minimum of BS in life science with at least 1-2 years hands-on laboratory experience.
2. Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture and processing tissue samples for further analysis or cell isolation.
3. Experience with antibody-based assays and flow cytometry are highly desired.
4. Must be willing to work with in vivo models.
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
6. Motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping.
7. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
In Vivo Biology - Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will help perform in vivo experiments. Duties include, but are not limited to, constructing tumor xenograft models, weekly tumor measurements, administering therapeutic agents through various routes, organizing data, and analyzing results. The successful candidate will be expected to efficiently monitor effects of therapeutic agents on tumor growth, metastasis, survival, and overall animal health. The position may also involve assisting with other tasks in the vivarium and/or participate in other exciting areas of research when time permits.
1. Minimum 2-5 years of directly related experience. AALAS certification is preferred but not required
2. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
3. Organized and disciplined about record keeping, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
4. Able to perform occasional physical labor involving lifting weight up to 50 pounds
5. Willing to split weekend and holiday hours with peers on a rotational basis
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong organizational skills, motivated to excel, attentive to detail, and can be efficient working alone or in a group environment
Legal - Paralegal
We are a South San Francisco-based biotech company that is seeking a paralegal who will support the legal department and other corporate functions of the company. The ideal candidate will have experience with patent prosecution and contracts and will either have experience or have an interest in learning to review, revise and negotiate confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements and clinical trial agreements. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and a strong team player.
1. Patents: Electronically file incoming emails from outside legal counsel, obtain signatures for assignments, declarations, powers of attorney and other documents as required, electronically file assignments, mail original documents, maintain patent docket.
2. Contracts: maintain contract calendar, electronically file and calendar contracts, help implement and manage systems that enable the efficient creation, negotiation, oversight, tracking and filing of the company's agreements, prepare execution copies and facilitate signature of contracts, review basic confidentiality agreements and material transfer agreements.
3. General administration: scan documents and obtain signatures, general organization for executives.
1. A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years experience as a paralegal.
2. High attention to detail and extremely organized
3. Independent problem resolution skills, and excellent communication skills both written and oral.
4. Accurate data entry skills
5. Strong proofreading and reading comprehension skills
Molecular Pathology (Histotechnologist) - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate candidate to spearhead the development and operation of a top notch histology laboratory to support both pre-clinical and clinical activities.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on histology experience grossing, processing and embedding tissues, preparing sections from frozen and FFPE tissues and immunostaining tissues with a variety of reagents and building tissue micro-arrays. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up a world-class histology lab by identifying and organizing the purchase of capital equipment, manage specimen lifecycle from necropsy to sectioning, organize implementation of barcoded sample tracking and become a primary contact for sourcing of human FFPE tissues from collaborators and commercial sources. The candidate will also be required to establish histology SOPs and coordinate protocol development and study design across departments. Exceptional histopathology knowledge in human, rodent and xenograft tumor models is a must.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field, with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
2. ASCP HT certification
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively communicate with cross-functional teams and stay abreast of current trends in pathology so as to implement new processes and efficiencies if beneficial.
Molecular Pathology - Scientist
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking to hire a highly motivated candidate to join our molecular pathology group.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with slide-based assays on FFPE tissues such as immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, and dual labeling of both assay formats in chromagen and fluorescence detection. The successful candidate will utilize image analysis for quantification of target expression and should have strong knowledge of slide-based assay development for companion diagnostics development. Advanced knowledge of human solid tumors, normal human primate tissue and xenograft tumor model histology is a must. Ability to independently design and execute complex experiments, analyze and present data is also a must.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 8 years industry experience, or a Ph. D with a minimum of 4 years experience
2. The candidate must be able to proactively communicate across functional teams and stay abreast of current trends in pathology so as to evaluate and implement new processes and efficiencies
Assay Development - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful applicant will be involved in designing, executing and analyzing experiments to evaluate the behavior of novel drug candidates in vivo in a regulated setting. The position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail at the bench and the desk.
1. Development and validation of ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity analysis
2. Development of standard operating procedures
3. Testing in a regulated environment
4. Assist in maintaining testing lab in a compliant state
5. Perform other related duties as required
1. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or,
2. Masters degree in a scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated experience developing and performing ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity
4. Prior GLP or GMP testing experience desirable
5. Knowledge of tumor biology and/ or stem cell biology desirable
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
8. Ability to analyze data and document results
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
10. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
11. Strong mathematical skills
12. Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
13. Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented
14. Team oriented
Experience with any of the following techniques is a plus:
2. Multicolor flow cytometry
3. Western blotting
4. Study sample management
CV / Resume
Please include the group name in the subject line of the email so that your resume is forwarded properly to the hiring manager.
Current Open Positions:
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
In Vivo Biology