Stemcentrx ™ is focused on scientific discovery and development of successful cancer drugs. We are funded by scientists and entrepreneurs with a long-term perspective on our business. Our culture is an apolitical meritocracy where performance and teamwork are rewarded. Stemcentrx has assembled a talented and motivated team, and is looking to recruit additional employees with world-class expertise in their practice, versatility to contribute broadly across the company, high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Clinical Operations - Senior Clinical Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are seeking a Senior Clinical Research Associate to be involved in early phase clinical trial operations.
1. Manage and lead the day-to-day operations of early phase studies to ensure completion per established project team goals and objectives in compliance with applicable GCP/ICH guidelines and other regulatory requirements
2. Manage and lead cross-functional study teams, including vendors; liaise with other functional areas (preclinical development, pharmaceutical sciences, safety, regulatory affairs) in order to accurately coordinate clinical study activities
3. Coordinate clinical study timelines with Project management to meet critical milestones; escalate issues that may jeopardize timelines and deliverables
4. Supervise site monitors
5. Conduct study monitoring visits and co-monitoring visits as needed
6. Provide regular updates of study progression to Clinical Operations Head
7. Lead development of study plans and system set-up; participate in preparation and ensure operational excellence of protocol, CRF, CSR and other key study team deliverables
8. Lead preparation of vendor requirements and project scope and selection of study vendors; effectively manage interactions with vendor study team as applicable
9. Lead feasibility assessment and selection of sites
10. Oversee the clinical aspects of timely data cleaning, data analysis and the availability of top line results; participate in data reviews and review of statistical analysis plans
11. Author, audit and/or edit written summaries of data reports, presentations, training material, and study documents (including pharmacy, laboratory, and operations manuals)
12. Ensure set-up and implementation of effective investigator and site monitor training; coordinate operational and therapeutic area training for internal and external study team members
13. Provide oversight and direction to study team members, including vendors, for study deliverables
14. Coordinate with finance to track the financial status against budget
1. BA/BS or RN degree with at least 5 years clinical trial experience (oncology preferred)
2. Must have strong knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines
3. Must have strong knowledge of protocol and clinical drug development processes, clinical study design, study planning and management, and monitoring
4. Strong experience in management of CROs and other vendors
5. Requires proven project management skills and study leadership ability
6. Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, administrative skills and computer ability
7. Excellent computer skills in the following programs: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to cancer drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated project manager who will work with functional area teams, project team leaders and senior management to direct projects to successful and timely decision points. The project manager will be responsible for overseeing teams through drug discovery and development processes while prioritizing activities across multiple projects.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, highly organized, has excellent interpersonal skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This opportunity will provide exposure to various facets of antibody drug development from early stage research through IND filing.
1. Support the development and execution of project plans, including timing and deliverables, to achieve the project goals and ensure adherence to timeline.
2. Develop and maintain timelines to track milestones and other program activities
3. Provide progress reports and updates on project status as required.
4. Identify and anticipate issues that threaten to delay timelines. Bring these issues to the attention of key stakeholders.
5. Provide support in resolving issues, contingency planning, and risk mitigation.
6. Support PTLs in organization of project team meetings by contributing agendas and recording minutes and action items.
7. Prioritize program activities across multiple projects within the company’s pipeline.
8. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
9. Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for streamlining team processes.
1. B.S. or B.A. in Life Sciences with 3+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
2. Multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech industry or direct experience with project management in drug development is preferred.
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
4. Experience in or ability to learn project management practices, tools, and methodology in drug development.
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a multicultural environment.
6. High attention to detail and extremely organized.
7. Good analytical and planning skills with the ability to translate vision into action.
8. Strong communication skills both written and oral.
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
10. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Antibody Discovery - Research Associate / Associate Scientist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in a variety of activities to discover, design and construct humanized and fully human antibodies. The ideal candidate should be experienced and skillful in a wide range of molecular biology methods, including molecular cloning and site directed mutagenesis, and have an interest in antibody or protein engineering. The position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail at the bench and the desk.
1. B.S/M.S in Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related field is required, with at least 2 years of biotech industry experience.
2. Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (such as molecular cloning, site directed mutagenesis). Experience with library construction is a plus.
3. Knowledge and experience with the analysis of antibody sequences is highly preferred.
4. Experience with phage display is a plus.
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, environment
6. Ideal candidates must be motivated, organized, and disciplined with record keeping
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
Cancer Biology - Research Associate
Stemcentrx is looking to hire a Research Associate with experience in tissue processing, cell based assays, and stem cell biology. The candidate must have a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment, aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission, and be a catalyst to enable the development and approval of oncology drugs that significantly improve patient survival. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to facilitate the discovery and validation of cancer stem cell-associated drug targets and participate in the development of preclinical in vivo models. In this role, the candidate will support the Cancer Biology group by taking over common tasks including the processing of human and animal tissue for isolation of cells and for cell based assays.
1. BS and/or biology, genetics, or a related field
2. 2+ years of relevant academic and industry experience or MS in scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture
4. Experience with antibody or cells based assays and flow cytometry in particular are highly desired
5. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
6. Highly motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
7. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential
Process Sciences - Associate Scientist / Scientist I / II (Analytical Development)
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting approach to drug development, we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our analytical development group. The primary responsibility of this role is to utilize mass spectrometry-based analytical methods for novel ADC molecules. Additional responsibilities related to Analytical Development of LC-UV and CE-based methods are also expected.
The successful candidate will provide analytical support for RPLC-UV-MS characterization of large molecules using peptide mapping and intact mass analysis methods. The candidate will also be responsible for providing support to organic chemistry group for purity determination, structural elucidation of novel linker drugs and its impurities using LC-UV-MS/MS analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for updating LC-UV and CE assay test procedures when necessary.
The candidate must be highly experienced in troubleshooting LC-MS/MS and LC-UV instrumentation issues and performing routine maintenance. Experience with analysis of proteins and small molecules is required. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other scientists is also a prerequisite.The opportunity will provide exposure to the candidate on various facets of process development for novel molecules and technologies.
1. Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry or a related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doc and/or industry experience
2. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) performing mass spectrometry based analysis of small and large molecules including non-covalent complexes (preferred). Structural elucidation of molecules using LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software, preferred.
3. Hands-on experience (≥ 5 years) operating, maintaining and troubleshooting various LC-MS/MS systems and LC-UV systems, including working with ABSciex LC-MS/MS systems.
4. Experience with various MS and chromatography data acquisition and analysis software.
5. Mandatory professional skills include organized and disciplined record keeping, emphasis on attention to detail, excellent communication and technical writing skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet frequently tight deadlines.
6. This position will require support of other Analytical Development functions such as LC-UV development, as well as development of other CE-based assays as required.
Bioinformatics / IT - Software Developer / Sr. Software Developer
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the software development team by building custom full stack web applications for use by Stemcentrx scientists helping them with scientific data and workflow management. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other team members, is also prerequisite.
1. A computer science or related bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of practical industry experience
2. Technical experience in one or more of Ruby, RoR, Java, Grails
4. Experience with a code management system, preferably Git
5. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment in Agile like development cycles
6. Motivated to build great software in a biotech environment to help cure cancer
7. Great personality and excellent communication skills
8. Strong track record of achievement and advancement desired
In Vivo Biology - Research Associate
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will help perform in vivo experiments. Duties include, but are not limited to, constructing tumor xenograft models, weekly tumor measurements, administering therapeutic agents through various routes, organizing data, and analyzing results. The successful candidate will be expected to efficiently monitor effects of therapeutic agents on tumor growth, metastasis, survival, and overall animal health. The position may also involve assisting with other tasks in the vivarium and/or participate in other exciting areas of research when time permits.
1. Minimum 2-5 years of directly related experience. AALAS certification is preferred but not required
2. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
3. Organized and disciplined about record keeping, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
4. Able to perform occasional physical labor involving lifting weight up to 50 pounds
5. Willing to split weekend and holiday hours with peers on a rotational basis
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong organizational skills, motivated to excel, attentive to detail, and can be efficient working alone or in a group environment
Molecular Pathology - Scientist
As part of a talented, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, we are looking to hire a highly motivated candidate to join our molecular pathology group.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with slide-based assays on FFPE tissues such as immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, and dual labeling of both assay formats in chromagen and fluorescence detection. The successful candidate will utilize image analysis for quantification of target expression and should have strong knowledge of slide-based assay development for companion diagnostics development. Advanced knowledge of human solid tumors, normal human primate tissue and xenograft tumor model histology is a must. Ability to independently design and execute complex experiments, analyze and present data is also a must.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of 8 years industry experience, or a Ph. D with a minimum of 4 years experience
2. The candidate must be able to proactively communicate across functional teams and stay abreast of current trends in pathology so as to evaluate and implement new processes and efficiencies
Assay Development (BioAnalytical GLP) - Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Stem CentRx is embracing new paradigms and technologies to develop novel and life-changing therapies for cancer. As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful applicant will be involved in designing, executing and analyzing experiments to evaluate the behavior of novel drug candidates in vivo in a regulated setting. The position requires excellent laboratory skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail at the bench and the desk. The position reports to the BioAnalytical GLP Operations group within Assay Development
1. Validation of ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity analysis
2. Development of standard operating procedures
3. Testing in support of non-clinical and clinical PK and immunogenicity analysis
4. Assist in maintaining testing lab in a compliant state
5. Receipt, tracking, and reconciliation of samples
6. Perform other related duties as required
1. Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience or,
2. Masters degree in a scientific discipline
3. Demonstrated experience developing and performing ligand-binding assays for PK and immunogenicity
4. Prior GLP or GMP experience desirable
5. Experience working with LIMS systems
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
8. Ability to analyze data and document results
9. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
10. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
11. Strong mathematical skills
12. Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
13. Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented
14. Team oriented
Experience with any of the following techniques is a plus:
1. Study sample management
2. Instrument qualification
Assay Development (BioAnalytical GLP) - Sample Coordinator
Stemcentrx is embracing new paradigms and technologies to develop novel and life-changing therapies for cancer. As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful applicant will be involved in receiving, reconciling, and managing samples related to clinical and non-clinical studies. The candidate is expected to be remarkably detail-oriented, follow through on discrepancies, and thrive on getting to the details, all with a positive and engaging outlook. This position may also be called upon to support GLP and non-GLP laboratory activities, including, but not limited to, creation and tracking of critical reagents, assisting in lab maintenance, and participating in PK method activities. The position reports to the BioAnalytical GLP Operations group within Assay Development.
1. Receive, inspect, and manage the storage of samples from clinical and non-clinical studies
2. Follow through with sites and Clinical to ensure that accurate information is obtained
3. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
4. Development of standard operating procedures as needed
5. Participate in laboratory activities as needed
6. Assist in maintaining testing lab in a compliant state
7. Perform other related duties as required
1. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
2. Demonstrated experience with sample management
3. Knowledge of laboratory information management systems
4. Prior GLP or GMP testing experience desirable
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
7. Ability to adapt to changing priorities
8. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
9. Time management skills (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
10. Excellent problem-solving skills; solution-oriented
11. Team oriented
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Specialist II / III
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will be part of a small GMP Manufacturing team working to execute GMP production runs to supply the company’s clinical pipeline. Other responsibilities include meeting with vendors to negotiate and procure equipment, participating in Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, leading and supporting IQ/OQ activities for facility and process equipment, creating SOPs and Batch records, establishing operational policies and procedures, and many other activities to ensure a successful production campaign.
1. Perform GMP operations in Seed Lab, Cell Culture, Purification, Conjugation, Formulation, and Filling
2. Support clinical depot function including packaging and shipping of clinical vials
3. Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Process Sciences
4. Transfer process from lab-scale to GMP-scale in support of Tox and early stage clinical studies
1. Inventory management
2. Media and buffer preparation
3. Equipment setup and maintenance
4. Automated skid recipe generation and data management
5. Gain understanding of Cell Culture and Purification theories and principles
6. Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
7. Train new technicians
1. BS in Life Sciences with a minimum 5 years relevant job experience
2. Experience in GMP operations and working with large-scale manufacturing equipment preferred
3. High degree of self-motivation is required
4. Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines is required
5. Familiarity with lab techniques and procedures
6. Ability to work as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision
7. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
8. Strong commitment to working safely
9. Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
10. Mechanical aptitude, computer systems, and protein purification skills preferred
11. Ability to lift 30 lbs is required
GMP Manufacturing - Technical Writer / GMP Documentation Specialist
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery, development and manufacturing, the successful candidate will assume a number of responsibilities related to management of GMP documentation for production of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs). This position requires close collaboration with Process Sciences, Quality Control (QC), and Quality Assurance (QA) groups.
1. Creation and revision of GMP documentation including Production Batch Records, Standard Operating Procedures, Materials Specifications and Equipment Qualification protocols/reports.
2. Coordination of timelines, document revisions and review cycles for all GMP documents including delegation to the appropriate groups for review to ensure timely campaign start dates and to facilitate overlapping campaigns.
3. Driving the continual improvement of GMP Batch Records and SOPs from campaign to campaign by soliciting and incorporating feedback from GMP, Process Sciences and Quality groups.
4. Review of completed batch records and other GMP documents in collaboration with Quality Assurance as needed to ensure accuracy and completion in accordance with cGMP regulations.
5. Development and coordination of training sessions for new and existing SOPs and Batch Records in collaboration with Process Sciences and Quality groups.
1. BS in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 10+ years of experience in a GMP environment or 5 years of relevant GMP documentation experience.
2. Proficiency in standard word processing software and project management software is required.
3. Mandatory professional skills including knowledge of cGMPs for biopharmaceuticals, organized and disciplined record keeping, excellent communication skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet tight deadlines.
4. Knowledge of biopharmaceutical unit operations for production of monoclonal antibodies is preferred.
Quality - Team Leader
A hands-on position responsible for performing a wide variety of quality activities with emphasis managing a phase-appropriate quality system and QA operations in support of internal GXP activities and at contract service providers. Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance at Stemcentrx. Provide leadership for establishing and enhancing, in a phase-appropriate manner, the quality and compliance culture at Stemcentrx.
1. Manage the quality system to ensure quality and compliance requirements are met in an efficient and effective manner, and in support of corporate objectives
2. Ensure that required Standard Operating Procedures are implemented to support a phase-appropriate approach to the GXP activities
3. Implement a risk-based approached to support the GMP operations (risk management)
4. Provide Quality review of batch records, analytical data, certificates of analysis, and other documents as needed for consistency with applicable regulations and for compliance with company’s GMP Quality System
5. Assess deviations, OOS investigations, and manage timely investigations and CAPAs
6. Provide Quality oversight of the change control processes
7. Provide Quality support to the GMP manufacturing operations and facility
8. Monitor and analyze quality trends, identify continual improvement opportunities and conduct training as needed
9. Report to management quality issues and trends
10. Lead GXP audits of internal functions or external contract providers including vendor qualification
11. Develop a GMP training curriculum based on the SOPs and GMP regulations that compose the company GMP Quality System. Training includes initiation of new employees, training necessary for any expansion of current operations, and training necessary for on-going improvements in company’s GMP Quality System
12. Represent quality in project teams
13. Establish collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to ensure all quality and compliance matters are addressed in an open and timely manner
Quality Control - Analyst / Associate
As part of a talented, dynamic and fast-paced team, the successful applicant will support various aspects of QC testing for antibody and antibody drug conjugates. This is a multi-faceted opportunity that will involve using ELISA, cell-based, HPLC and other analytical methods for lot release and stability testing in a cGMP environment. This position requires fervor to deliver on time, excellent laboratory skills and great attention to detail at the bench and with documentation. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and own projects or processes in areas of stability testing, environmental monitoring, analytical techniques, method qualification and raw materials release for GMP operations.
1. Perform ELISA, analytical (HPLC, CE, iCIEF, KF etc.) and/or cell-based testing for lot release, stability and method qualification in support of cGMP activities.
2. Share responsibilities with the team to support raw materials release, sample management and other lab related activities.
3. Assist in maintaining the QC lab and its systems in a cGMP compliant state.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
2. At least 1 year of experience working in a cGMP compliant QC environment.
3. Demonstrated expertise in ELISA, cell-based, HPLC or other analytical techniques.
4. Ability to multi-task, effectively manage timelines, great attention to detail and team-oriented personality are a must.
Clinical Pharmacology - Sr. Pharmacokineticist / Principal Pharmacokineticist
We are seeking a world-class pharmacokineticist to be a part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team that will advance novel therapies and approaches to eradicate cancer. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and an excellent understanding of the scientific drivers and designs of nonclinical pharmacokinetic and ADME studies.
Advance and leverage the PK/ADME and PK/PD science of antibody-based therapeutics through in vitro, in vivo, and in silico methods:
1. Develop novel platforms to interrogate the mechanism of action for therapeutic candidates
2. Contribute to the development/application of novel bioanalytical tools
3. Generate and/or integrate data across multiple studies to generate and test novel hypotheses
4. Conduct/outsource PK and ADME studies
5. Summarize key findings in reports and presentations
Advance the therapeutic pipeline:
1. Lead/design internal studies to define the potential clinical profile of a drug
2. Monitor outsourced studies
3. Contribute to the development of regulated documents, such as INDs and BLAs
4. Contribute to the efforts for target validation and lead drug identification
1. An advanced degree (PhD, MD, or PharmD) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, pharmacy, life sciences, engineering, or other related fields
2. 2+ years of relevant experience
3. Proficiency with WinNonlin and NONMEM, R, or other modeling software
4. Strong PK/ADME and PK/PD background
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
Clinical Pharmacology - Sr. Toxicologist / Prinicipal Toxicologist
We are seeking a world-class toxicologist to be a part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team that will advance novel therapies and approaches to eradicate cancer. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and an excellent understanding of the scientific drivers and designs of nonclinical safety studies.
Advance and leverage the safety assessment of antibody-based therapeutics through in vitro, in vivo, and in silico methods:
1. Develop novel platforms to interrogate the toxicity of therapeutic candidates
2. Generate and/or integrate data across multiple studies to generate and test novel hypotheses
3. Conduct/outsource pharmacology and toxicology studies
4. Summarize key findings in reports and presentations
Advance the therapeutic pipeline:
1. Lead/design internal studies to define the safety profile of a drug candidate
2. Monitor outsourced studies
3. Contribute to the development of regulated documents, such as INDs and BLAs
4. Contribute to the efforts for target validation and lead drug identification
1. An advanced degree (PhD, DVM) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, or other related fields
2. 2+ years of relevant experience
3. Strong pharmacology and toxicology background
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented setting
Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to (i) mitigate risk, (ii) enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and (iii) ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives 2. Implement a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with best practices 3. Oversee the implementation of new financial information system(s) 4. Oversee the proper and timely processing of transactions (procurement, cash disbursements/accounts payable, revenue recognition, cash collections/accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll, stock administration), and implement and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions 5. Maintain the chart of accounts and implement and maintain an orderly accounting filing system 6. Issue timely and complete financial statements 7. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (including recommending benchmarks for comparison), and manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, along with monthly reports on variances from budget and explanations therefore 8. Provide financial analysis as needed 9. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit 10. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings 11. Supervise finance liaison to clinical operations 12. Research accounting literature and apply technical standards to complex business issues and transactions, including the areas of revenue recognition, cost of revenue, clinical and R&D accruals, stock compensation, and tax 13. Along with CFO, identify need for, and make, additional hires in accounting organization as necessary to support growth of the company 14. Along with CFO, implement best practices for cash management 15. Implement accounting controls and procedures for subsidiaries and international operations, as applicable
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Must be highly motivated, a strong team player and able to thrive in the environment of an emerging growth company.
Process Sciences - Senior Research Associate / Scientist I (Analytical / Formulation Development)
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Process Sciences team. The successful candidate will work at the nexus of formulation and analytical development while being exposed to all other facets of process development. The employee will contribute to the development of stable formulations and robust analytical methods for characterizing antibodies, small molecules and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). This position requires close collaboration with Chemistry, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and Research/Development groups. The ideal candidate will be familiar with spectroscopy, chromatography and electrophoresis principles and instrumentation. The candidate should have demonstrated the ability to develop new analytical methods or optimize existing methods with minimal supervision. The candidate will be expected to independently design meaningful experiments, execute them systematically and demonstrate good technical judgment when evaluating and interpreting data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development, optimization and execution of analytical methods (IEC, SEC, RP, HIC, HILIC, iCIEF, CE-SDS, …) to support cell culture, purification and conjugation process development for antibodies, small molecules and ADCs. 2. Designing and executing stability studies (and associated analytical methods) to support molecular assessments, forced degradation studies, and final formulations for liquid and lyophilized antibodies and ADCs. 3. Participate in qualification/validation of analytical methods to support GMP manufacturing and regulatory filings for antibodies, small molecules and ADCs.
1. BS or MS in Chemistry or related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience in analytical or formulation development roles. 2. Strong background in chromatography and electrophoresis and proficient with analytical instrumentation, and data acquisition/analysis software. 3. Demonstrated ability to design, execute and interpret experiments independently. 4. Mandatory professional skills include organized and disciplined record keeping, excellent communication and technical writing skills, an ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and meet tight deadlines.
CV / Resume
Please include the group name in the subject line of the email so that your resume is forwarded properly to the hiring manager.
Current Open Positions:
Research Associate / Associate Scientist
Bioinformatics / IT
Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
Senior Clinical Research Associate
In Vivo Biology