Stem CentRx is focused on scientific discovery and development of successful cancer drugs. We are funded by scientists and entrepreneurs with a long-term perspective on our business. Our culture is an apolitical meritocracy where performance and teamwork are rewarded. Stem CentRx has assembled a talented and motivated team, and is looking to recruit additional employees with world-class expertise in their practice, versatility to contribute broadly across the company, high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Bioinformatics and IT - Software QA Engineer
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting novel approach to drug development, the primary role will be to spearhead and support all aspects of software quality assurance for multiple in-house applications utilized by scientists across all areas of research. If you feel that working for the next Twitter, Snapchat, or the like would be amazing, this is not the position for you. However, if making real contributions towards helping to solve cancer and improving the lives of cancer patients is something that you value, we’d love to talk to you! The ideal candidate should enjoy discovering defects, understand their causes, determine performance bottlenecks, discover UI inconsistencies, replicate and confirm issues discovered by end users, and relay information back to the development team in a clear and concise manner. There is also potential for the candidate to spend up to 20% of their time in a software development role addressing bugs, and adding, improving, or modifying code.
1. A computer science or related bachelor’s degree
2. Technical experience with MySQL / MariaDB, Tomcat, Gradle, Java, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, Bootstrap.js, Ruby on Rails, and Windows / Linux systems
3. Experience working any or all of Tableau Desktop / Server, C# and .Net is a plus
4. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
5. Ability to learn things quickly and picking up new skills with little guidance and oversight
6. Strong passion for quality and attention to detail
7. Motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
8. Great personality and excellent communication skills
ADC Technology - Scientist I
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to oncology drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will participate in discovery synthetic chemistry efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel linker/payload technologies for preclinical evaluation and clinical use. In this role, he/she will a) design, synthesize, purify and characterize biologically-active organic small molecules and natural products; b) develop and enable versatile and modular synthetic routes compatible with rapid analog synthesis; c) design and execute synthesis of novel linkers and payloads for bioconjugation; and d) establish and manage relevant external research collaborations.
The successful candidate will also have a strong experience of natural product synthesis. Experience with linker technologies that mediate chemical conjugation of antibodies and small molecules will be greatly beneficial. A strong desire to work in a dynamic Team environment and aggressively contribute to the company’s growth and mission is required.
1. PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or MSc with 3+ years of experience
2. Experience in the synthesis of natural products and complex heterocycles
3. Proven ability to design and execute multistep convergent synthesis
4. Knowledge of common spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC)
5. Experience in the synthesis of peptides and peptidomimetics is a plus
6. Experience in bioconjugation reactions discovery and development is a plus
7. Organized and disciplined record keeping
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential
9. Excellent publication and oral presentation record
10. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Quality Control - Analyst I / II
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting novel approach to drug development, the successful candidate will support all aspects of Quality Control lab operations in compliance with cGMP including in-process, release and stability testing of product, sample management, equipment and general lab maintenance. We are looking for a dynamic and versatile candidate that can contribute in a variety of roles to support ongoing manufacturing runs. This position will provide excellent growth opportunities to learn new techniques, author SOPs and reports and participate in assay qualification and method transfers from the analytical and bioassay development groups.
1. B.S. in biology or chemistry or related discipline with 1-3 years of experience.
2. Demonstrated ability in HPLC, ELISA and cell-based assay techniques. Familiarity with and/or expertise in QC test methods including cell-based potency, ELISAs, CE-SDS, icIEF and HPLC.
3. Prior experience in GXP environment required.
4. Core competency in HPLC preferred. Quality Control lab experience preferred.
5. Ability to multi-task and effectively manage timelines and attention to detail are a must.
Formulation and Analytical Development - Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join the formulation and analytical development team. The successful candidate will primarily be developing, qualifying and performing chromatography and electrophoresis assays for antibodies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs). They will support the development of quality control systems, stable formulations and bioprocess development. This opportunity will provide exposure to many facets of process development for innovative therapeutic molecules.
The candidate must be very familiar with HPLC and CE instrumentation and associated data acquisition software. The candidate should have demonstrated the ability to performing basic trouble-shooting. Proficiency with data analysis software and preparing result summaries is necessary.
The candidate will work independently while effectively interacting and communicating with other groups. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and ready to meet frequently tight deadlines. This requires the ability to multitask and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
1. BS or MS in Chemistry or related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience.
2. Strong background in chromatography and electrophoresis separations.
3. Proficient with data acquisition and analysis software.
4. Experience with preparing technical documents (test procedures, development and qualification reports, protocols, etc).
5. Familiarity with standard lab equipment: spectrophotometers, centrifuges, pH meters, balances, etc.
6. Organizational skills and disciplined record keeping.
7. Fundamental understanding and execution of ICH method validation.
8. GMP compliance and documentation.
CV / Resume
Please include the group name in the subject line of the email so that your resume is forwarded properly to the hiring manager.
Current Open Positions:
Bioinformatics / IT
Software QA Engineer
Formulation and Analytical Development
Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate
Analyst I / II